Classes & Training
The Reference Department offers services and resources that will prove beneficial to your academic success. Among these services are classes and trainings.
We offer hands-on library instruction and information literacy tutorials to individuals, groups and classes. These instructional sessions are designed to help you make the best use of available library resources.
Topics covered in these classes include, but are not limited to:
- Basic search techniques using the library and electronic databases
- Advanced search techniques which limit and focus your search
- Evaluation of information sources, including websites
- User education classes are tailor-made to your specific needs. We will collaborate with you in designing a class session that would benefit you most.
- For faculty, we are willing to come to your class to teach a session if this is more convenient
Subject Guides or Pathfinders:
- We develop subject guides or pathfinders to assist students in their class assignments
- Faculty members are able to request subject guides for the classes they teach
- These guides cover library-owned resources as well as other information sources