Research Process Information
- Visit the College of Pharmacy website for the Research Time Table and details on the application submission.
- Seek and contact Faculty Mentor to establish research project and proposal.
- Complete the on-line application for research and supporting documents.
- The Research Committee reviews all applications submitted on-line.
- The Research Committee selects and contacts those students who will be interviewed.
- Selected student participates in the interview.
- The Research Committee makes final selections.
- Students take the on-line research tutorials if no prior research has been conducted.
- Students begin their research projects (fall or spring semesters—8 week project, summer—10 week project).
- Students document their research activities through the on-line encounter form every two weeks and co-signed by Faculty Mentor
- Students meet with their Faculty Mentor regularly.
- Students submit their timesheets to the COE every two weeks with their Faculty Mentor’s signature.
- Students attend regularly scheduled meetings with the research committee.
- After satisfactory evaluation of research progress from the Faculty Mentor and the COE mid way into the semester the students receive their first stipend payment.
- Towards the end of the semester the student and Faculty Mentor make the decision to end the research project or continue the project into the next semester.
- Students upload their final report electronically using the COE website with in 5 days after the end of the research completion
- Students receive their second stipend payment after the final report has been submitted.
- Students submit their research abstract to Annual Howard University Research Day in the spring semester.
See the Research Time Table for details on application submission deadline.
For more information, please call or contact:
Ms. Celia Williams-Fowlkes;
COE Program Manager