Minimum Computer Requirements For NTDP Students
NOTE: The requirements listed below are the specifications which will provide satisfactory performance from your computer while accessing the programs and information needed to effectively completely the Non-Traditional Doctor of Pharmacy Program.
- Computer: PC-Based
- Internet Access: Broadband connection (DSL, cable modem)
- Processor: Intel or AMD-based PC, at least 2GHz
- RAM: 1GB - 2GB
- Hard Drive: 320GB hard drive
- Microphone: Sound card with speakers and a microphone or headset
- Wireless compatibility: 802.11b/g/n card
- Webcam (optional): Integrated or USB
- Windows XP (Home or Professional) or Windows Vista (Home Basic, Home Premium, Business)
- Microsoft Office 2007 (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Antivirus Software McAfee, Symantec or another comparable antivirus software
- Windows Media Player
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Flash Player Plugin
- Others as specified during the program
You must have administrator rights on the laptop in order to do software installations and upgrades. Laptops issued by your employer may not grant you this privilege. Check with your employer.
Although it may be possible to access the information with a computer which does not meet all of these specifications, you are likely to experience less than satisfactory performance from your machine due to the fact that some of the applications you will be using frequently throughout the program are very memory and/or processor-intensive.
Again, please note that these are the minimum requirements, not the recommended specs. Obviously, hardware that exceeds these specifications and more recent versions of the software and the operating system will provide better computing performance.
Registered students, please click here to log in