Did you know...
Joseph L. Wright, MD, MPH
Professor and Chairman
Department of Pediatrics and Child Health
Howard University College of Medicine
Dr. Joseph L. Wright, Chairman of Pediatrics and Child Health is recognized as one of the nation’s leading advocates for the health, safety and well-being of children.
Dr. Wright’s academic accomplishments and professional contributions include:
- Original cohort of fellowship trained pediatric emergency medicine physicians in the United States
- 17 years as inaugural State Pediatric Medical Director within the world renowned Maryland Institute for Emergency Medical Services System (MIEMSS)
- Career achievement awards from the American Academy of Pediatrics in two disciplines; Injury/Violence Prevention and Emergency Medicine
- Fifteen invitations to provide expert legislative testimony before Congress on a range of child health, public health and public policy issues
- Admittance to both Delta Omega and Alpha Omega Alpha, respectively, the nation’s highest public health and honor medical societies
- Authorship or co-authorship of more than 90 publications in the medical literature, as well as, many important opinion-editorial pieces in leading national newspapers and electronic media outlets