Did you know...
Charles D. Howell, MD, AGAF, FAASLD
Professor and Chairman, Department of Medicine
Howard University College of Medicine
Howard University Hospital
Dr. Charles D. Howell is the Director of the new Howard University
Viral Hepatitis Center and a liver diseases expert.
Some of his other accolades include:
- Expert on chronic hepatitis B and C virus infections, cirrhosis and other liver diseases
- Recognized nationally for his medical expertise and research accomplishments
- Studies racial disparities in liver diseases, especially chronic hepatitis C virus infections and liver cancer
- Chaired the Steering Committee and served as investigator for the NIH-sponsored study of viral resistance to antiviral therapy for chronic hepatitis C (VIRAHEP-C)
- Co-chaired the National Medical Association's Task Force on hepatitis C in African Americans
Award and Honors:
- Invited Guest: World Hepatitis Day Meeting at the White House, July 2011- 2014
- World Hepatitis Day 2014, Certificate of Appreciation for leadership in prevention and treatment of viral hepatitis, The White House, Office of National AIDS Policy and Office of National Drug Control